Saturday, June 20, 2015

Quick update...

....more to follow!

We've been swamped around here -- in some cases, LITERALLY!  I think we've had 5-6 inches of rain in the last week, so the road in front of our house is often a river, the grass needs to be mown, but it's too wet, and......you get the picture.

And....my husband's company's latest game arrived, so we unloaded 4.5 tons off a semi, and processed about 1500 packages in a matter of days. Whew.

So.... I'll take pictures today and tomorrow, and post them -- everything is growing!

I have harvested lettuce, and pulled of the ones that were bolting.  More on the way, and I need to plant some more.

Harvested beets and made barszcz (Polish beetroot soup) for my oldest, who lived in Poland for a school year as a Rotary Youth Exchange student.  Picked several zucchini already -- LOVE fried zucchini slices.  The yellow zucchini are not doing as well, tending to rot.  I'll have to take a look and see if I can figure out why.

the first zucchini!




And....here's the road in front of our house, doing it's best imitation of a river.

No comments:

Post a Comment